1. Prepare pie crust with cream cheese. Click here for the recipe.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one of the dough balls into 12-inch circle. Transfer the dough to a 9-inch pie plate or springform pan.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the second dough ball into 12-inch circle. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough evenly into strips (each strip about 1/2 inch wide).
4. In a large bowl, combine pears, apples, corn starch, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon. Transfer mixture to the crust.
5. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
6. Lay several strips of dough over the filling parallel to each other, leaving about 1/2 inch of space between them. Lay some more strips perpendicular to those parallel strips.
7. Trim the strips and press against the bottom crust. Use the rest of the dough to make nice edges.
8. Brush with egg and bake for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and bake for another 30-40 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
9. Let the pie cool for at least 1 hour.