Kompot is a traditional drink in Central and Eastern European countries, especially Bulgaria, Poland and Russia. Cherry kompot is a light, refreshing drink, especially good during hot summer, but can also be served warm in winter.
1 hour, 5 minutes
1 hour, 15 minutes
1. In a medium pot, bring the water to boil and add sugar.
2. Pull the stems off and wash the cherries.
3. Add the cherries and lemon juice to the pot and cook over medium-high heat until the water starts boiling.
4. Turn off the heat, cover the pot and let the kompot cool and infuse.
5. You can serve it chilled or warm. Store in refrigerator.