1. In a medium bowl, finely grate potatoes. Drain most of the liquid.
2. Mix together potatoes, egg and flour. Season the mixture with salt to taste.
3. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat. Saute the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add beef, season it with salt and pepper and cook it over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink. (This is an optional step, some people prefer not to precook the meat as it usually cooks well along with the pancake mix).
4. Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Drop 1 1/2 tablespoon of potato mixture into the skillet. Slightly flatten the pancake and place about 1 1/2 tablespoon of beef mixture on the pancake. Spread the filling out almost to the edges of the pancake. Drop another 1 1/2 tablespoon of potato mixture on top of the beef, spread it out to completely cover the beef.
5. Fry approximately 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Serve hot, topped with sour cream.