1. To make the topping: In a bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon (last 3 ingredients). Add butter and mix with a fork until crumbly.
2. To make the filling: In a bowl, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Refrigerate.
3. For the muffin batter: In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt (first 6 ingredients). Make a well in the center of the mixture and add pumpkin puree, eggs and oil. Mix until smooth.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
5. Spoon the batter in muffin cups about 1/3 full. Then add about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture to the middle of each muffin cup.
6. Top with the remaining batter.
7. Sprinkle each muffing with crumb topping mixture.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.