Chicken Wraps(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
These delicious chicken wraps recipe makes an excellent appetizer,snack, or main dish. Chicken, cheese and tomatoes make this sandwich an easy winner.
- 2 chicken breast halves (boneless, skinless)
- 1 1/3 cup lettuce (I used baby Romaine lettuce)
- 4 flour tortillas (or flatbread, I used multigrain whole-wheat flat bread with flax)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cheese (grated, I used Monterey Jack)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Yield: 4 Servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
1. Cut chicken breast halves into small cubes.
2. In a medium skillet, heat the oil and fry the chicken until cooked through and golden brown (about 8-10 minutes). Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the cheese and fry for 1 more minute until it melts.
3. Dice the tomatoes. Warm the tortillas slightly in the microwave to make them more pliable (optional).
4. Line each tortilla with lettuce leaves.
5. Layer tomatoes on top of lettuce.
6. Top the tomatoes with mayonnaise. To squirt mayonnaise, use a pastry bag or a plastic sandwich bag (cut a small hole at one corner of the plastic bag so the mayonnaise can pass through). You can also spread mayonnaise using a spatula.
7. Divide the chicken and cheese mixture evenly among each tortilla.
8. Roll up tightly and enjoy!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!