1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and coconut, stir into the creamed mixture.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk and vanilla. Add to the flour mixture, mix well using a fork or with your hands.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (I used 2 baking sheets).
4. Slightly wet your hands and shape the dough into balls (about 1 tablespoon of the dough per cookie), press each cookie with your hand and arrange on the prepared baking sheets (about 2 inches apart).
5. Bake until the edges are golden, about 17 minutes.