Easy Turkey Meatballs with Mozzarella(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
Want an easy kid-friendly dinner? Try these flavorful mozzarella stuffed turkey meatballs. My 3 year old son helped me to cook these and now he asks to eat them 3 days in a row. Seriously?!?? I wish my husband did that, so I'd have less cooking )). These turkey meatballs are fancy and delicious yet surprisingly easy and quick to make. Anyway, be smarter than me, double the recipe to freeze some meatballs for later or share with your family or friends. You can either bake them or cook in a skillet (if you decide to bake, drizzle some olive oil on top, for the meatballs not to dry out). Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pound ground turkey (I used lean turkey)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon basil (I used dry)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs (homemade in my case)
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Mozzarella cheese (cut into small cubes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- marinara sauce (warm, for serving, or your favorite pasta sauce)
Yield: 24 meatballs | Prep time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
1. Place ground turkey in a large bowl. Add minced garlic, basil, salt, pepper and egg.
2. In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs and milk.
3. Cut mozzarella into small cubes.
4. Add the bread crumb mixture to the ground turkey and mix until everything is combined.
5. Form the mixture into balls, press down with your finger to make a hole in each meatball and place a small cheese cube in the center, seal the meat around the cheese (make sure the cheese chunk is completely sealed on all sides).
6. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs on medium, for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through, turning occasionally to brown all sides. (My skillet was not large enough, so I cooked in batches. Alternatively you can bake the meatballs at 375F (190C) for about 30 minutes).
7. Serve with warm marinara or your favorite pasta sauce.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Panko Bread Crumbs
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!