No Bread Meatballs (Swedish)(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
These meatballs are so good, I can eat them without gravy straight from the oven. They remind me a lot of IKEA meatballs, but are so much better and healthier… Almond flour is used instead of bread crumbs to make them Paleo and Whole30 compliant. Topped with a creamy gravy, they’re great as a weeknight dinner over mashed potatoes or cauliflower rice, or alone as a quick appetizer.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 onion (small, finely grated)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- ■■■■ GRAVY: ■■■■■
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 1/2 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (I used thick part of canned coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard (I used Spicy Brown Mustard)
- parsley (chopped, for serving)
Yield: 17 meatballs | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 380F (190C).
2. In a medium bowl, combine ground pork, finely grated onion, egg yolk, almond flour, garlic powder, nutmeg and allspice. Season with salt and pepper, mix.
3. Form the meat mixture into balls (I got 17 meatballs). Transfer them to a baking sheet (previously lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat) and bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the gravy. In a medium skillet, heat ghee, add arrowroot starch, constantly mixing to form a smooth paste. Then quickly add chicken broth. Add coconut cream, coconut aminos and brown mustard. Season with salt. Whisk well and simmer for a few minutes.
5. Serve meatballs over mashed potatoes or cauliflower rice, top with gravy.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!