Paleo Lemon Ghee Chicken(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
This Paleo Lemon Ghee Chicken is sure to become part of your dinner rotation. Chicken breasts are quickly seared on both sides then smothered with ghee, lemon juice and garlic to enhance the flavor. Quick and easy, it is gluten free, Paleo and Whole30. You can adjust the amount of lemon juice in this recipe according to your personal tastes and preferences.
- 2 chicken breasts (cut in half lengthwise; if uneven, gently pound to an even thickness )
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ground black pepper
Yield: 4 servings | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper, dredge each piece in arrowroot so it’s slightly coated on all sides. Sear on both sides, until lightly golden brown and cooked through (4-5 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches 165F (74C)). Transfer to a plate.
3. Add ghee and garlic, scrape browned bits from the bottom, cook for a minute. Reduce the heat and add lemon juice. Return chicken to the skillet.
4. Spoon lemon ghee and garlic over chicken and serve.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!