1. In a bowl, mix warm milk and water. Dissolve yeast and sugar in this mixture, let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in flour, butter and salt. Line your countertop with waxed paper (optional, but I hate cleaning it)) and lightly flour the surface. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic, for about 8 minutes, adding the remaining water (if necessary).
3. Cover with a damp cloth and put in a warm place to rise for 1 hour. I usually preheat my oven to 200F (90C), turn it off, place dough in a large bowl and cover, then slightly open the oven door and in 20 minutes close it again (so that it stays warm longer).
4. Divide the dough into two equal pieces and form into balls. Roll out (or just stretch) each ball into the desired shape and transfer to a lightly oiled pizza pan. Prick it all over with a fork. Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
5. If you like it crispy, prebake your pizza crust for a few minutes. Spread on the pizza sauce and cover with your favorite toppings. This time I used Italian sausage, onions, mushrooms and peppers.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.