Whole30 Chicken in Coconut Sauce(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
My friend Lena shared this recipe with me and it is so yummy! A great way to have chicken for dinner when on Whole 30. You can easily serve it with cauliflower rice for a complete healthy meal. P.S. This recipe is gluten free and diary free.
- 3 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 onion (medium, finely chopped, I used red onion)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (full fat, from a can)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon starch (optional, mixed with water, use arrow root or tapioca)
Yield: 3 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes
1. Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt. Saute for about 6-8 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate. The chicken doesn't need to be fully cooked at this point, you will return it to the heat soon.
2. Add onion to the same skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Add chicken broth, pepper, chopped cilantro and lime juice. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add coconut milk, bring to a boil then simmer for another 7 minutes. If the sauce still needs to be thickened, you can whisk in the starch at this point (mix 1 tablespoon starch with 2 tablespoons water, then add), bring to a boil.
4. Add chicken back to the skillet, cover and simmer for another 8-10 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked. Enjoy!