1. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Place in a bowl together with arrowroot starch, toss to coat chicken in arrowroot.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken on all sides (about 3 minutes per side), until lightly browned (no need to cook through at this point). Season with salt and pepper.
3. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. In a saucepan, combine date paste, water, orange juice, orange zest, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a light boil. In a separate cup, mix together the rest of the water and arrowroot starch. Add to the sauce pan, stir and cook on medium for about 3 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
4. Pour the sauce over the chicken, bring to a light boil, and cook for another 7-10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Serve with broccoli or cauliflower rice.