1. In a small pot, combine rice and water. Bring to a boil, season with salt, cover and cook for about 15 minutes, or until done.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Put sesame seeds on a piece of aluminium foil and toast in the oven for about 6 minutes.
3. Slice vegetables and mince garlic.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, bell pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic. Stir-fry for about 6 minutes, until vegetables are tender but still crisp.
5. Add soy sauce, stir and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in sesame seeds.
6. Serve over a bed of cooked rice.