Baked Tomatoes with Cheese(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
This recipe for roasted tomatoes with kale, feta and mozzarella is a truly delicious and irresistible dish. As it bakes in the oven, the flavors come together, creating a delicious and harmonious taste. Enjoy these tomato slices as a side dish or as an appetizer, they’re sure to impress your guests.
- 2 tomatoes (large)
- kale (a handful of baby kale or spinach)
- 3 ounces Feta cheese
- 1 egg (large)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Yield: 8 tomato rounds | Prep time: 7 minutes | Cook time: 23 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2. Slice large tomatoes into thick rings. Use a knife to cut the inside out of the tomato slices. Transfer the rings to a baking sheet (previously lined with parchment paper).
3. Dice the insides of the tomatoes and kale. Crumble feta.
4. Crack egg into a bowl, beat the egg with a fork until the yolk and white are combined. Add diced tomatoes, kale, crumbled feta, garlic powder and Italian seasoning, season with a little salt (because feta is already salty) and pepper, stir.
5. Fill tomato rings with the mixture, sprinkle with mozzarella.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is slightly golden brown.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!