Blanched Broccoli with Feta and Onions(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
This is a great way to add more flavor to your old favorite blanched or steamed broccoli. I really like that light extra crunchiness from the onion and saltiness from feta cheese, together with olive oil and freshly ground black pepper it makes the dish restaurant-quality.
- 4 cups broccoli (florets)
- 1/2 onion (medium, thinly sliced. I used sweet onion.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Feta cheese (crumbled, to taste)
- pepper (freshly ground)
Yield: 4 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 2 minutes | Total time: 12 minutes
1. Cut broccoli into florets. Place in a heat resistant bowl.
2. Bring a full electric kettle to a boil (or a pot of water).
3. Cover broccoli with hot water and let stand for a couple of minutes. Drain.
4. Add thinly sliced onion, olive oil, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Top with crumbled feta cheese and slightly toss. Enjoy!
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!