Broccoli and Bacon Salad(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
This recipe for a healthy broccoli salad was given to me by my friend Aksana. Florets of broccoli are mixed with crumbled bacon, chopped onion, raisins and then tossed in mayonnaise and balsamic vinaigrette. Even confirmed broccoli haters have changed their minds after tasting this salad.
- 1 1/2 pound broccoli
- 1/2 onion (red, finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons golden raisins
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette (you can use 3/4 part olive oil and 1/4 part balsamic vinegar with a dash of black pepper instead)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/3 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
Yield: 4 Servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
1. Wash broccoli and cut into florets. You can use fresh broccoli florets for this recipe or drop them into boiling water for about a minute and let cool.
2. In a large skillet, place bacon strips and fry them until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
3. In a bowl, combine the broccoli, crumbled bacon, chopped onion and raisins. Add balsamic vinaigrette, mayonnaise, maple syrup, salt and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!