Cabbage with Bacon and Sausage(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
This easy braised cabbage recipe uses simple and inexpensive ingredients to make a delicious, healthy meal. You will be making cabbage way more often if you try this green cabbage recipe loaded with bacon, sausages, and mushrooms. Recipes with cabbage can be served as a main dish or a side, tastes great both hot or cold. I hope you fall in love with this cabbage and sausage recipe!
- 1 cabbage (medium head, shredded)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 carrots (shredded)
- 3 bacon strips (chopped)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced, I use baby bella)
- 4 hot dog sausages (sliced)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
Yield: 8 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 50 minutes | Total time: 1 hour
1. Heat Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chopped bacon, cook for 2 minutes. Add chopped onion and shredded carrots, cook for 8 minutes.
2. Add shredded cabbage, chicken broth, 1 teaspoon salt and stir. Cover and cook for 10 minutes (salt will draw out excess moisture from cabbage), just enough for our needs.
3. Add tomato sauce, marjoram, basil and thyme. Stir and cook on low, covered, for another 15 minutes.
4. Add sliced mushrooms and sausages.
Season with salt to taste, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Products I recommend for this recipe
Baby Bella Mushrooms
Hot Dog Sausages
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!