Cherry Kompot (Cherry Drink)(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
Kompot is a traditional drink in Central and Eastern European countries, especially Bulgaria, Poland and Russia. Cherry kompot is a light, refreshing drink, especially good during hot summer, but can also be served warm in winter.
- 1 1/2 pound cherries
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Yield: 6 cups | Prep time: 1 hour, 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
1. In a medium pot, bring the water to boil and add sugar.
2. Pull the stems off and wash the cherries.
3. Add the cherries and lemon juice to the pot and cook over medium-high heat until the water starts boiling.
4. Turn off the heat, cover the pot and let the kompot cool and infuse.
5. You can serve it chilled or warm. Store in refrigerator.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!