Chicken, Zucchini and Mushroom Stir Fry(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
Tender pieces of chicken thighs are stir fried with zucchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic. This easy stir fry that can also be quickly prepared ahead of time. It tastes wonderful and makes a great, healthy weeknight dinner. Additional vegetables can also be added as needed. Serve with rice or noodles.
- 1 pound chicken thighs (skinless, boneless, cut into cubes)
- 2 zucchini (cut into half-moons)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 onion (small, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons oil (I use avocado oil)
- ■■■■ SAUCE: ■■■■■
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons starch (I use tapioca starch)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
Yield: 4 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
1. In a bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients (chicken broth, soy sauce, maple syrup and starch)
2. Cut chicken into bite-sized cubes.
3. Slice mushrooms, cut zucchini into half-moons. Chop onion.
4. Heat half of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken pieces until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
5. Add the rest of the oil to the same skillet. Add onion, zucchini and mushrooms. Stir-fry until crisp-tender, for about 5 minutes.
6. Add garlic, fry for another minute. Add chicken. Stir the sauce and add.
7. Gently stir until everything is combined well, cook for another 2 minutes. Enjoy!
Products I recommend for this recipe
Baby Bella Mushrooms
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!