1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a small saucepan, heat olive oil, butter and smashed garlic. Remove from heat and let infuse for 5 minutes, then discard the garlic.
3. In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, parsley, green onions and pepper. Add the oil mixture and egg, season with salt, mix well.
4. Season the fish fillets with salt to taste, place in a baking dish and top with the bread crumbs mixture.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 17 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden and fish flakes easily with a fork.