Easy Russian Eggplant Salad(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
I love eggplant, it has a beautiful color and tastes great when prepared the right way. This eggplant and tomato salad has simple ingredients, but tastes so good. You can have this right out of the fridge with a piece of toast (if not on whole30). If you aren’t a big fan of eggplant recipes, this one should change your mind. As a bonus, it's paleo and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 eggplant (large)
- 2 tomatoes (large, I used beefsteak tomatoes)
- 1/2 onion (thinly sliced into half moons)
- 1/2 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil (avocado oil or light olive oil)
Yield: 4 servings | Prep time: 17 minutes | Cook time: 8 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
1. Prepare the ingredients: cut eggplant and tomatoes into rounds, then cut rounds into quarters.
2. Thinly slice onion into half moons, chop parsley.
3. Sprinkle eggplant pieces with salt and let them sit for 10-15 minutes, then pat dry.
4. In a bowl, beat eggs with a fork. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Add eggplant to the eggs.
5. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the coated eggplant pieces for about 4 minutes on each side (I had 2 batches). Drain on paper towels.
6. In a large bowl, toss fried eggplant, tomatoes, onions and parsley.
7. Stir in mayo; season with pepper and more salt if needed. Refrigerate.