Easy Whole30 Chicken Cacciatore(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
Tender chicken thigh meat baked in a sauce made with onions, garlic, bell peppers, thyme and parsley. A simple Italian-inspired Paleo and Whole30 friendly meal. It's designed especially for the working people who do not have time to cook all day, but it tastes like you did. Be prepared to share the recipe.
- 6 chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons arrowroot starch (aka flour)
- 1/2 onion (sliced)
- 2 cups bell peppers (sliced, I used frozen from Trader Joe's)
- 2 zucchini
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
Yield: 3 servings | Prep time: 7 minutes | Cook time: 33 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
1. Season chicken thighs with salt an pepper on both sides. Dredge each piece in arrow root starch to coat all the sides.
2. Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chicken for about 4 minutes per side, until a nice crust is formed. Place chicken on a plate, we will finish cooking it in a later step.
4. To the same skillet, add sliced onions and peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add tomato sauce and stir. Return chicken thighs to the skillet, cover them with the mixture.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 14 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, trim ends off zucchini. Using a vegetable peeler, make zucchini ribbons.
8. Add them to the skillet and bake for another 6-8 minutes, until soft and the chicken is cooked through (the internal temperature should be at least 165F (75C)). Enjoy!
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!