Greek Yogurt Bake(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
This healthy yogurt cake (aka zapekanka) is a great option for those looking for easy desserts with plain yogurt.
The tangy taste and creamy texture of the yogurt adds depth and richness to the cake. This recipe is so easy to make and can be flavored in various ways such as lemon, vanilla, chocolate, or can be topped with maple syrup, honey, fresh fruit or nuts. The recipe is perfect for those who are looking for cake recipes using plain yogurt, also it can be a good introduction to using yogurt in baking, providing a moist and flavorful result.
- 1 1/2 cup yogurt (I use plain Greek yogurt)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- maple syrup (for serving)
- strawberries (sliced, for serving)
Yield: 4 servings | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 50 minutes | Total time: 55 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2. In a bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, eggs and tapioca starch.
3. Scrunch a piece of parchment paper and use it to line a 6” round pan (I use a round pyrex glass dish). Pour the batter into the pan.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes (check when the middle is set and the top is lightly golden brown). Remove from the oven (it will deflate) and let it cool for 30 minutes, then move to fridge. Best when chilled for at least 2 hours.
5. Slice, top with maple syrup and strawberries. Serve.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!