Healthy Crepes Recipe(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
I’m very excited to share this recipe for healthy almond flour crepes. My family enjoys crepes for breakfast (one of the few dishes that all family members, including the kids, really like), and I have been looking for a tasty, healthier version for a while and finally developed this recipe. The texture of these crepes is perfect and what I like about this recipe, is that you can make them really thin. You can experiment with different fillings, my kids like these with almond butter + blueberries + honey, I prefer diced apples (slightly softened on a skillet) + cinnamon + honey. Yum!!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 cups almond milk (I used Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk)
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Yield: 15 crepes | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
1. Add all ingredients to a blender, blend until smooth (scrape the sides, if needed).
2. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add a small amount of avocado oil (to slightly coat the skillet).
3. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter, move the skillet around with a circular motion, to evenly and thinly distribute the batter.
4. When the bottom is light brown (takes about a minute), loosen crepe with a spatula, flip and cook the other side.
5. Repeat until you’re done with all your batter (if necessary, add a few more drops of oil to your skillet). Place each new crepe on top of the previous.
6. Add your favorite fillings and enjoy!
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!