Healthy Hummus Recipe(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
There's nothing quite like the taste of homemade hummus, especially when it's packed with nutritious ingredients. This healthy homemade hummus recipe is made with roasted cauliflower, which adds a subtle sweetness and creaminess to the dip. With a generous amount of tahini, garlic, and lemon juice, this hummus has a rich and tangy flavor that is hard to resist. If you're following a Paleo or Whole30 diet, this hummus recipe is a great option that you can enjoy without compromising your health goals.
The best part about making hummus at home is that you have complete control over the ingredients. You can adjust the amount of tahini, garlic, and lemon juice to your liking, and even add other healthy ingredients like fresh herbs or roasted red peppers.
Serve it with your favorite veggies, crackers, or pita chips for a delicious and nutritious snack that everyone will love.
- 1/2 cauliflower (I had about 3 cups of cauliflower florets)
- 6 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons water (or more, to reach the desired consistency)
- 1 clove garlic (I use large)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- avocado oil
Yield: 2 cups | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Total time: 50 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 380F (190C). Drizzle cauliflower florets with avocado oil and roast for 30-40 minutes, until slightly browned and soft (I use Cuisinart Toaster Oven for this step).
2. Add cauliflower, tahini, water, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, paprika and salt to food processor.
3. Process until smooth (scrape down the sides several times). If hummus is too thick, add more water. You can also adjust the amount of the rest of the ingredients to your taste.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!