Quick Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
Juicy spinach stuffed chicken breasts that are very easy and quick to make, have a great flavor and a great presentation. This is the recipe you will pass along to everyone you know!
- 2 chicken breast (skinless, boneless)
- 3/4 cup spinach (chopped, I used frozen)
- 1/2 onion (small, finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 6 slices cheese (small, I used mozarella)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional, but gives your chicken a nice color)
Yield: 2 Servings | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
1. In a skillet, heat half of the olive oil. Saute onion, garlic and spinach for about 7 minutes, until onion is tender.
2. Rinse chicken breasts with cold water, pat dry with paper towels and butterfly (carefully slice each breast in half widthwise, but not all the way through, keep the other edge intact). Open the breast along the "fold" and pound lightly with a meat mallet (I usually cover them with plastic wrap for an easier cleanup).
3. Spread half of the spinach mixture on one half of the pounded breast.
4. Place mozzarella on top. Close pockets and secure with wooden toothpicks.
5. In a skillet, heat the rest of the oil and butter. Brown the chicken on both sides, cover, reduce heat and cook for an additional 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!