1. Place the ground beef in a deep bowl.
2. In a small skillet heat 1 tablespoon canola oil over medium-high heat. Saute onions and garlic for about 3 minutes.
3. Combine the ground beef well with the eggs, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
4. Mix well and shape into 2 inch balls. Mixture should be moist and sticky, but should hold together when formed into balls.
5. In a separate bowl, combine tomato sauce and sour cream.
6. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon canola oil over medium-high heat. Place the balls in the skillet, sear on all sides for about 3-5 minutes. Pour the sauce mixture over the balls. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
7. Turn the heat off, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.