Sloppy Joe Sandwiches(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
This flavorful Sloppy Joe recipe has the perfect blend of browned ground beef, onion, garlic, red bell pepper simmered in the mixture of ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar, seasoned with cayenne pepper and sweetened with brown sugar.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns (split and toasted)
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 bell pepper (red, chopped)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices cheese (American cheese, optional)
Yield: 4 Servings | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes | Total time: 55 minutes
1. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat, cook beef until brown. Drain most of the fat and discard.
2. Add onion, garlic and red bell pepper, cook for about 5 minutes, until onions are translucent.
3. In a separate bowl, combine ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and cayenne pepper.
4. Add the mixture to the meat, stir to combine. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Using a spoon, put the Sloppy Joe mixture onto toasted bun bottoms (you can melt a slice of cheese over the top or over the bun bottoms). Cover with bun tops and serve.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!