Baked Potato Gorgonzola Salad(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
This mayo-free Potato Salad with Gorgonzola and Bacon is a nice change to traditional potato salads. If you like potatoes, Gorgonzola and bacon - try this salad, you will not regret it.
- 6 potatoes (baked, cut into cubes; I used red potatoes)
- 3/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese (crumbled)
- 1/2 cup green onions (chopped)
- 6 slices bacon (cooked, crumbled)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
Yield: 3 Servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour, 10 minutes | Total time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
1. Scrub potatoes under running water and trim away any blemishes. Pat them dry, sprinkle with olive oil, toss, cover with foil and bake for about 1 hour (or more, check for doneness by piercing with a fork). Let cool and cut into bite-size cubes, leaving the skins on. (You can boil the potatoes instead. Place them in a pot, cover with cold water, bring to a boil, cover and cook for about 15 minutes, or until tender).
2. Place bacon in a cold skillet. Cook until crisp, drain and crumble.
3. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
4. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, green onions, bacon and cheese. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!