Baked Vegetables with Chicken(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
These baked veggies (broccoli, potatoes, peppers, onions) and chicken make an easy, excellent one-pan healthy meal. I first found a similar recipe on one of the Paleo blogs a couple of years ago, modified it and since then it has become a staple for our family. The slightly sweet sauce adds so much flavor to chicken and vegetables. Even my younger son finds these veggies hard to resist and he doesn't usually like broccoli. 100 percent kid-approved :)
- 1 1/2 pound chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 3 cups broccoli (cut into florets)
- 4 potatoes (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 bell pepper (cut into 1-inch pieces, I use 4 mini peppers cut into rings)
- 1/2 onion (cut into quarters, I use red)
- avocado oil
- black pepper
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard (I use Spicy Brown mustard from Trader Joe's)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper (to taste)
Yield: 5 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 420F (220C).
2. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce (coconut aminos, mustard, maple syrup, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper). Coat chicken with the sauce, set aside.
3. Add potatoes to a large baking sheet, drizzle with avocado oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
4. Add chicken to the same baking sheet and bake chicken with potatoes for 15 minutes.
5. Drizzle the rest of the veggies with avocado oil, lightly season with salt and pepper. Arrange them around chicken, pour the remaining marinade over, and return to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove, gently stir then bake for another 7-10 minutes. Enjoy!
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!