Beef and Pork Patties(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
The mixture of ground beef and ground pork is the main secret behind these juicy and flavorful patties. The addition of onion, garlic and dill to the meat mixture gives these patties a distinctive flavor. Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes. You can also use this recipe for burgers.
- 2/3 pound ground beef
- 2/3 pound ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I used Panko)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed in a garlic press)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 onion (medium, finely grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon dill (dry or finely chopped fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (for dredging)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/2 cup water
Yield: 13 patties | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Total time: 40 minutes
1. In a large bowl, combine breadcrumbs with milk, let them stand for 5 minutes.
2. Add ground beef, ground pork, egg, garlic, onion, dill and pepper. Season with salt to taste and mix well with your hands.
3. In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
4. Form patties using your wet hands, then dredge all sides in flour.
5. Fry patties until golden brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
6. Add water, reduce heat, cover and cook another 15-20 minutes. Serve hot.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!