Bunless BLT Chicken Sandwich(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
This Bunless Stuffed Chicken Sandwich recipe is a low-carb, paleo, whole30, and keto-friendly alternative to traditional sandwiches. Instead of using buns, I stuff juicy chicken breasts with crispy bacon, fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and red onion slices. The recipe is packed with protein and healthy fats. It's easy to make, healthy, delicious and ready in a little over 20 minutes, making it the perfect meal for a quick lunch or dinner for two.
- 2 chicken breasts (butterflied)
- 2 slices bacon (cooked)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- lettuce (a couple slices / leaves, I use iceberg lettuce)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Yield: 2 servings | Prep time: 7 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 22 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 380F (190C).
2. Butterfly chicken: slice each chicken breast in half horizontally 3/4 way through. Season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper on all sides.
3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Open each chicken breast and sear cut side down for a minute (not longer than 2 minutes, otherwise it might become difficult to close it back), close back and sear one side for about 3 minutes, turn and sear the other side for another 3 minutes.
4. Transfer to the oven and cook for another 5-7 minutes, until the internal temperature is 165F (74C).
5. Meanwhile, prepare the veggies and bacon.
6. Spread some mayo inside each chicken breast, add lettuce, bacon, tomato and onion slices. Serve.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Organic Chicken Breasts
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!