Cabbage, Kielbasa and Potato Soup(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
Indulge in the heartwarming goodness of cabbage, sausage and potatoes soup! Chunks of smoky kielbasa, tender potatoes and cabbage, all simmered to perfection in a flavorful broth. It's perfect for chilly days when you want something that will warm you up from the inside out. And best of all, it's incredibly easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have a delicious and satisfying meal on the table in no time.
So whether you're a fan of kielbasa or just looking for a new soup recipe to add to your menu, give this cabbage, sausage, potato soup a try, it's sure to become a new favorite in your household.
- 1 smoked sausage (I used Roasted Garlic Kielbasa from Costco, mine was about 5oz)
- 1 carrot (large, chopped)
- 2 celery ribs (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (large, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 potatoes (cubed)
- 2 cups cabbage (cut into small pieces)
- 8 cups chicken broth (or water)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
Yield: 6 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
1. Slice kielbasa into bite sized pieces. Chop onion, carrot, celery, mince garlic.
2. Heat avocado oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute sausage, carrot, onion, celery and garlic for 5-7 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut potatoes into cubes and cut cabbage into small pieces.
4. Add Italian seasoning, cabbage, potatoes and chicken broth (or water) to the pot.
Bring to a simmer, add turmeric, season with salt and pepper, then cook covered on low for about 15 minutes.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!