1. Separate egg whites from yolks. Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
2. In a large bowl (I prefer a bowl with a spout), whisk together the rest of the ingredients: cassava flour, baking powder, salt, egg yolks, almond milk, avocado oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Use a flipping motion to fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.
3. Preheat your waffle maker to medium heat. Grease it if needed (some waffle irons don’t need to be brushed with oil). Pour the batter almost to the edges (leaving some room for expansion).
4. Cover and cook until the desired color / crispiness is achieved. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
5. While cooking the waffles, prepare the sauce. Place strawberries and maple syrup in a blender and process until smooth. Serve waffles warm topped with the strawberry sauce.