Cauliflower Bread Toast Recipe(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
These gluten free and paleo cauliflower toasts are a great healthy alternative to regular toasts. Cauliflower belongs to cruciferous vegetables that are known to have high cancer-fighting properties. This recipe is very easy and can be used for toasts as well as pizza base. My favorite toppings are mashed avocado with sweet tomato slices or with sliced boiled egg.
- 1 pound cauliflower (riced, I used frozen)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- all purpose seasoning
Yield: 6 toasts | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower rice and cook stirring for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. If necessary, use paper towel to remove excess liquid.
3. Add egg and almond flour to cooked cauliflower rice, season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide the mixture into 6 even portions, using your hands, spread each portion into square (about 1/3 inch thick, like a slice of bread).
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, flip and bake for another 10-12 minutes. To get even nicer golden brown color, you can turn on broiler for the last couple of minutes.
6. Let cool a little, add toppings of your choice and serve.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!