1. Bring water with chicken to boil in a large pot. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 40 minutes, skimming fat and foam.
2. While chicken is cooking, get veggies ready.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, 8 minutes.
4. Add garlic and cook, 30 seconds.
5. Add tomatoes with juice and cook until most of liquid is evaporated, 5 minutes.
6. Remove chicken from broth and set aside to cool slightly. Then shred into bite-size pieces. Return to pot.
7. Add veggies mixture to pot and bring to a boil.
8. Stir in pasta, carrots, kale, zucchini and beans, cook for 7 more minutes.
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Serve hot. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan, if desired.