1. Place chicken breast in a pot. Add water (just enough to cover the chicken).
2. Bring to a boil, then drain the water and foam from the pot.
3. Add chicken broth and water to the pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Slice carrots, mince garlic, chop onion and celery stalks.
5. In a skillet, heat olive oil. Saute celery, onion, carrots and garlic, until onions are translucent (about 7 minutes).
6. Add white beans, sauteed vegetables and chopped kale to the pot. Simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Add lemon juice, basil, thyme and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
8. Remove chicken, shred and return to the pot.
9. Serve topped with finely grated Parmesan cheese (optional).