Chocolate Lava Cupcakes Recipe (paleo, gluten free)(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
These mini chocolate lava cakes are a delicious and healthier take on the classic chocolate lava cake. Made with high-quality ingredients, these cakes are both gluten-free and refined sugar-free. They are so easy to make and can be prepared in a muffin tin, making them perfect for portion control. You’ll like that gooey chocolate center and overall rich and decadent chocolate flavor.
- 1 cup chocolate chunks (I use dark chocolate)
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- salt (a pinch)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch (or arrowroot)
- powdered sugar (optional, for topping, omit for Paleo)
Yield: 10 cupcakes | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
1. In a bowl, melt chocolate chunks and coconut oil (I use toaster oven at 300F (150C), you can also use a microwave oven or double boiler).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
3. Add the chocolate and coconut oil mixture, add almond flour and tapioca starch, whisk well.
4. Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Spoon the batter into 10 silicone muffin cups (you can use similar size ramekins instead).
Cook in the preheated oven (or toaster oven, then no need to preheat) for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are set but the center is still soft.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional, omit for paleo). Serve immediately.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Dark Chocolate Chunks
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!