Cod Fish Soup(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
Quick, easy and absolutely delicious fish soup recipe. Cod fillets cooked with potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, garlic and parsley. Any firm white fish (like haddock, tilapia, hallibut) will work here.
- 12 ounces cod fillets (I used wild Alaska cod)
- 9 cups water
- 3 potatoes (medium, chopped)
- 2 carrots (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Yield: 6 Servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes
1. In a pot, bring water to boil.
2. Chop the potatoes. Thinly slice celery and carrots. Finely chop onion.
3. Add potatoes and carrots to the water and bring back to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 10 minutes.
4. In a skillet, heat olive oil. Saute celery and onion for about 7 minutes. Add to the pot.
5. Chop fish and mince garlic, add to the soup.
6. Add parsley, bay leaf and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 7 minutes, or until fish is fully cooked.
7. Serve with toasted bread.