1. In a large bowl, mix together butter, egg and vanilla extract (first 3 ingredients). Add flour (4th ingredient) and mix well with your hands.
2. Divide the dough into two parts. Form two equal balls. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 40-60 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the cranberry layer. In a saucepan, combine cranberries, water and sugar (last 3 ingredients). Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for about 12 minutes, until thickened.
4. Next, make the cream cheese filling. In a large bowl, combine the rest of the eggs, cream cheese, sugar and flour. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
5. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 380 degrees F (190 degrees C).
6. Remove one dough ball from the freezer and grate. Spread the grated dough on the bottom of your springform pan (make sure the whole bottom is covered, or the filling may escape).
7. Pour the cream cheese filling over the grated dough.
8. Pour the cranberry filling over the cream cheese.
9. Remove the second dough ball out of the freezer and grate. Spread the grated dough evenly over the cranberry layer.
10. Bake for about 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool