1. In a pot, bring water and broccoli florets to boil. Cook for about 3 minutes.
2. Using a slotted spoon, remove broccoli florets from water. Chop half of the cooked broccoli. Process the rest of the broccoli in a blender. Set aside.
3. Cut potatoes into cubes and slice carrot. Add to the pot. Cook for about 10 minutes.
4. In a small skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Chop onion and celery. Saute for about 5 minutes until soft. Add to the pot.
5. In a skillet, cook chopped bacon until crispy, about 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
6. In a cup, add flour and 1/3 of the milk, stir until smooth. Add to the soup and stir.
7. Add the remaining milk, broccoli and ground nutmeg. Stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook 2 more minutes.
8. Serve topped with shredded cheddar and bacon bits.