Dover Sole with Lemon Caper Sauce(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
You have to try this Dover Sole recipe! The lemon caper sauce penetrates deep into fish and gives it an amazing flavor. My husband likes this recipe because there's no hint of fishiness. If you aren’t a fan of Dover sole, you can easily substitute your favorite white fish.
- 3 dover sole fillets
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used Italian style)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oil
- dill (chopped, for garnish)
Yield: 3 servings | Prep time: 3 minutes | Cook time: 7 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
1. Lightly sprinkle white fish with salt and pepper (don't season too much, because the capers are salty)
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the fish fillets on both sides with breadcrumbs.
3. Sauté for about 2 minutes, or until browned.
4. Carefully turn the fillets and sauté another 2 minutes, or until sole easily flakes with a fork.
5. Transfer fish to a plate.
6. Add butter to the same skillet and let it melt, scrab any pieces that are stick to the pan.
7. Turn off the heat, add lemon juice and capers. Stir.
8. Serve fish topped with the lemon caper sauce and sprinkled with chopped dill.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!