Easy Family Chicken Curry(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
I love simple dishes that don’t use too many ingredients. This family friendly chicken curry recipe has vegetables and chicken infused with wonderful Indian flavor as they gently simmer creating a wonderful smell. This easy chicken, potatoes and peas curry definitely satisfies the craving for Indian takeout. Hope your kids will love this curry as much as mine do.
- 1 1/2 pound chicken thighs (skinless, boneless, cut into bite size pieces)
- 5 potatoes (cut into 1 inch cubes, I use Russet potatoes)
- 1/2 cup peas (frozen)
- 1 tomato (large, grated, discard the skin)
- 1 onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (finely grated)
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3/4 cup water (for curry sauce)
Yield: 5 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
1. Add potato cubes to a medium pot, cover with water.
2. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until translucent (5-7 minutes). Add garlic and ginger, cook for another 3 minutes.
4. Add chicken pieces and cook stirring until no longer pink, season with salt, coriander, chili, turmeric, garam masala and pepper. Add grated tomato.
5. Add water (the amount that says 'for curry sauce'), potatoes, peas. Bring to a boil and simmer for another 15 minutes, until chicken is tender. Season with more salt, if necessary. For thicker curry, do not cover with a lid (I kept the lid on about half of the time).
Products I recommend for this recipe
Organic Chicken Thighs
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!