Easy Stovetop Beef Stew(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
This Whole30 and Paleo stovetop beef stew is a perfect weekend lunch or dinner. So simple to prepare, it’s loaded with healthy, gluten free ingredients and the whole family enjoys it with such satisfaction. Expect your kids to ask for seconds ;)
- 1 1/2 pound beef (stew meat, cut into bite size cubes)
- 7 potatoes (medium)
- 4 carrots (cut into slices)
- 2 celery ribs (cut into slices)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (canned, no need to drain)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Yield: 7 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour, 20 minutes | Total time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
1. Cut carrots, celery and onion into preferred sizes, mince garlic.
2. Heat avocado oil in a large skillet (I used a Dutch oven) over medium-high heat. Sear beef on all sides. Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
3. Add onion, carrots and celery, cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute.
4. Pour in beef broth, coconut aminos and red wine vinegar. Add tomatoes, bring to a boil, cover and cook on low for 50 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cut potatoes. When the beef is tender, add potatoes and bay leaf, season with salt and cook another 20-30 minutes (depending on how soft you like them). Enjoy while hot.
Products I recommend for this recipe
Red Wine Vinegar
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!