Eggplant Rolls with Farmer Cheese(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
Tender eggplant roll ups filled with a mixture of farmer’s cheese, fragrant garlic and dill. I prefer farmer’s cheese (not ricotta) for this recipe, because it’s less moist. The delicate, creamy filling is nested within sautéed slices of eggplant (aka aubergine) creating a harmonious blend of flavors in every bite.
- 1 eggplant (large)
- 8 ounces farmer's cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dill (fresh, chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely grated)
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
Yield: 20 rollups | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
1. Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch (about 6mm) thick circles.
2. Heat half of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté eggplant slices in batches for 3-5 minutes per side, until soft and lightly golden-brown. Add some oil between batches.
3. In a bowl, stir together farmer’s cheese, sour cream, finely grated garlic, and chopped dill. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Transfer the sautéed eggplant slices to a plate lined with a paper towel.
5. Place about 1 Tablespoon farmer’s cheese mixture on each eggplant slice, roll up and secure with a skewer.
Repeat with the rest of the slices. Enjoy!
Products I recommend for this recipe
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!