1. Remove eggs from refrigerator, they need to come to room temperature to prevent cracking.
2. Place onion skins to a medium pot (I had a 2.5-Quart pot, the skins took about 1/3 of the pot).
3. Add 6 cups of boiling water (I use an electric kettle to boil water). Сover with a lid and let stand for 2 hours.
4. Add room temperature eggs and salt to the pot with the onion skins. Bring to a boil, immediately turn off the heat and cover the pot with a lid and a towel. Let stand until the water cools down.
5. Remove eggs from the pot. To make eggs look shiny, add a few drops of oil to a paper towel, then rub it all over each egg.