Garbanzo Salad with Iceberg, Salami and Provolone(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
You’ll like the combination of textures, flavors and colors in this Italian style salad. Iceberg lettuce gives a nice, refreshing crunch, while garbanzo beans add some nutty flavor. The salad then topped with smoky salami, creamy provolone, tangy and salty Kalamata olives and fresh cherry tomatoes that add a nice kick of sweetness and acidity.
Dijon dressing brings everything together and adds a nice tangy kick to the salad. This is a perfect easy and tasty salad for lunch or dinner, or even as a side dish to any meal.
- 1 head lettuce (iceberg, medium, sliced thin)
- 6 ounces tomatoes (cherry, halved)
- 1/2 can garbanzo beans (drained)
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives (sliced)
- 7 slices salami (cut into strips, I use Uncured Applewood Smoked Salami from Trader Joe’s)
- 5 slices cheese (Provolone, cut into strips)
- ■■■■ DRESSING: ■■■■■
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic (small, finely grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
Yield: 4 servings | Prep time: 15 minutes |
1. Prepare the dressing: in a cup, stir together oil, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
2. Add lettuce, tomatoes, beans, olives, salami and cheese to a large bowl.
3. Add the dressing and stir well, to coat the ingredients. Enjoy!
Products I recommend for this recipe
Canned Garbanzo Beans
Red Wine Vinegar
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!