Garlic Lemon Shrimp Orzo(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
Tasty, healthy and refreshing Shrimp Orzo with lemon and garlic. This can be cooked in less than 20 minutes and it can help you to save your time on a busy weeknight.
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 pound shrimp (cooked, peeled, devined)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups water
Yield: 4 Servings | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes
1. If you use raw shrimp, boil it or saute for 3 minutes (or until pink). Avoid overcooking.
2. Bring water to a boil. Add orzo and salt to taste. Cook for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Add 1/2 lemon juice and parsley, mix.
3. In a large skillet, heat butter. Add garlic and cook for a bit less than a minute, until starts to brown.
4. Add shrimp and the remaining lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
5. Combine shrimp and orzo. Serve.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!