Garlicky Eggplant(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
There are many sautéed eggplant recipes around but this lightly marinated garlicky eggplant recipe is probably the best way to cook eggplant. Cooking eggplant is very easy, you just quickly fry chopped eggplant in a small amount of oil on both sides until soft and nicely golden brown. The addition of garlicky vinegar brings eggplant to the next level, while jalapeño adds some nice crunchiness. Steal this eggplant appetizer idea for your next gathering and you’ll see how quickly it disappears. And the best part is, it can be prepared even 3 days in advance.
- 1 eggplant (cut into evenly sized pieces)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeds and ribs removed, diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely grated)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Yield: 4 servings | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
1. Cut eggplant into evenly sized pieces (you can choose the size you prefer).
2. Heat half of the avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant pieces in a single layer (you may need to work in batches) and sauté until golden brown on one side, flip, add some more oil and sauté on the other side.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine diced jalapeño, finely grated garlic, vinegar and salt.
4. Transfer cooked eggplant pieces to a glass dish, top with the garlic mixture, stir and let the flavors infuse for at least 10 minutes.
You can serve it now or keep refrigerated and serve cold later (both ways it tastes great).
Products I recommend for this recipe
Glass dish 6-cup
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!