Gluten Free Cod Fish Nuggets(mydeliciousmeals.com)Alena Tarasevich
These healthy cod fish nuggets are made using simple, real ingredients, dipped in egg and almond flour, then quickly baked in the oven. Along with a salad, they make a great weeknight dinner.
Love to serve these with a quick sauce made of mayo, grated pickle and a splash of hot sauce.
Tip: you can also use Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven to make these (it takes about 10 minutes to air fry, no need to flip).
- 2 cod fillets (cut into pieces, I had a little over 1 pound)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten with 1 teaspoon of water)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Yield: 4 servings | Prep time: 7 minutes |
1. Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
2. Rinse cod with cold water, pat dry with paper towels and cut into pieces. Season with salt on all sides.
3. On a plate, combine almond flour, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper.
4. Dip each fish piece in egg mixture (allowing excess egg to fall off), then roll around in flour mixture (you only need a thin layer). Place (spacing out) on a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes, flip over and bake for additional 7 minutes. To get a nicer golden-brown color, you can turn on broil for the last couple of minutes.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for products I like. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I'll earn some coffee money at no cost to you, which I promise to drink while creating more helpful recipes like this ;) Thank you for supporting My Delicious Meals!